2021 Année Napoléon > “Ville impériale” brand
As part of the commemoration of the death of Napoleon I in 1821, the commune brand network “Ville impériale” is organising several events.
Updated 14 January 2021.
For further information, please consult the “Ville impériale” brand site.
The town of Châteauroux, “ville impériale”
In partnership with the Berry-Val de Loire delegation of the Souvenir napoléonien.
More information on the website of the Châteauroux Métropole
- Painting competition in Châteauroux, deadline for entries 30 November 2020
- Wednesday 27 January 2021 at 6.30 pm Talk by Thierry Lentz, Director of the Fondation Napoléon, at the new auditorium of the Cité du numérique on the Balsan site.
- Thursday 25 March 2021 at 5pm Inauguration of the exhibition of paintings from the painting competition in Place Sainte-Hélène and prize-giving ceremony in the Town Hall. At 6.30 pm, talk by Pierre Branda, Director of Heritage at the Fondation Napoléon, on the topic of St Helena, at the Redemptorists’ Chapel on rue Paul-Louis Courrier in Châteauroux. Admission free.
- Wednesday 5 May 2021 Wreath laying in Place Napoléon.
- From June to October 2021 Exhibition at the Musée Bertrand on the occasion of the centenary of the creation of the museum. Curator: David Chanteranne, historian and editor-in-chief of the magazines Napoléon Ier and Napoléon III.
- From 1 to 3 October 2021: IMPERIAL WEEKEND
– Friday 1 October Open Day of the Delegates of Souvenir Napoléonien (France and Europe) in Châteauroux.
– Saturday 2 October Colloquium “Sainte-Héléne 1821-2021” under the aegis of the Fondation Napoléon.
– Sunday 3 October Large bivouac in the field on the banks of the Indre riveropposite the Château Raoul, parade through the town with the music of the guard and a detachment of cavalry and infantrymen and battle re-enactment.
The town of Rueil-Malmaison, “ville impériale”
Follow the Fondation Napoléon’s Facebook page in English.
Follow the Fondation Napoléon on Twitter.
Consult the page of the partner publishers and their published or republished works
on the occasion of the bicentenary of Napoleon’s death.
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter (French or English).
PrEsentation OF THE “Ville Impériale” BRAND
The “Ville Impériale” brand was created on 21 October 2011, on the initiative of the town of Rueil-Malmaison, and in partnership with the towns of Compiègne, Fontainebleau and Saint-Cloud.
The purpose of this association is to bring together all the towns that can justify, by their history and heritage, strong links with the First and/or Second Empire.
The aim of this “Ville Impériale” Brand is to give real historical and tourist visibility to the member towns and to promote the heritage linked to Napoleon I or Napoleon III. The network now includes 21 imperial cities and 5 partner towns and villages.