- The 2014 Grants winners alongside Her Imperial Highness the Princess Napoléon and M. Masséna, Prince d'Essling, President of the Fondation Napoléon and Sir Peter Ricketts, British Ambassador to France. © Fondation Napoléon
- The 2014 Fondation Napoléon Grands Prix ceremony took place at the British Ambassador's Residence in Paris, the Hôtel de Charost. © Fondation Napoléon
- The winners of the 2013 Fondation Napoléon Prizes and Grants, with HIH Princess Napoleon and M. Masséna, Prince of Essling, président of the Fondation Napoléon. © Fondation Napoléon
- The award ceremony in the Salon de la Rotonde of the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur in Paris. © Fondation Napoléon
- The winners of the 2012 Fondation Napoléon Prizes and Grants, with HIH Princess Napoleon, M. N. Paolini, chairman and CEO of TF1 Group, and M. Masséna, Prince of Essling, président of the Fondation Napoléon. © Fondation Napoléon
How to apply for a grant
Every year the Fondation Napoléon encourages the study of the First and Second Empires by awarding six research grants to six French or non-French students who are studying for a PhD on a First- or Second-Empire subject. The grants are awarded by the jury of the Fondation Napoléon Grands Prix and Research Grants. Each research grant is worth 7,500 Euros.
Application guidelines (in French).
To apply, please fill in the following PDF form, downloadable here, and send it to us with the documents listed in the PDF document by post. It is possible to receive a grant for a PhD to be written in English. However, such applicants must agree to spend half of the grant award either on research work in France or on French language instruction (receipts will be requested). Dossiers should reach the Fondation by 30 September of the year in question.
Download the PDF dossier (in French).
Send a completed dossier to: Fondation Napoléon Research Grants, 7, rue Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire, 75005 Paris, France.
For further information on the Research Grants: Thierry Lentz, director of the Fondation Napoléon, email: lentz(at)napoleon(dot)org.