Cercle d’études at the Fondation Napoléon: Autumn 2020 programme
The Cercle d’études Autumn 2020 programme will begin on Tuesday 15 September 2020, at 18:00, with a talk on “Lucien Bonaparte, un prince républicain,” [Lucien Bonaparte, a republican prince] by Cédric Lewandowski.
This will be followed by seven further talks:
- Tuesday 22 September 2020, at 6pm, Napoléon à l’école de l’Action française dans Jacques Bainville [Napoleon at the school of the Action Française in Jacques Bainville], by Baptiste Roger-Lacan
- Tuesday 6 October 2020, at 6pm, “Milano Capitale”. Du Foro Bonaparte à la Pianta dei Rettifili [“Milano Capitale”. From the Foro Bonaparte to the Pianta dei Rettifili], by Pierre Coffy
- Tuesday 13 October 2020, at 6pm, Adolphe Goupil, un éditeur et marchand d’art au service du bonapartisme? [Adolphe Goupil, a publisher and art dealer in the service of Bonapartism?], by Dorothée Lanno
- Tuesday 27 October 2020, at 6pm, Un grand dîner sous l’Empire: comment la cour, l’aristocratie et la noblesse dînaient-ils? [A grand dinner in the time of the Empire: how did the court, the aristocracy and the nobility dine?], by Karolina Stefanski
- Tuesday 3 November 2020, at 6pm, Napoléon et Dieu: un rendez-vous manqué? [Napoleon and God; two ships that passed in the night?], by Marie Courtemanche
- Tuesday 17 November 2020, at 6pm, L’Impératrice et le gynécologue: vie et oeuvre du baron Antoine Dubois [The Empress and the gynaecologist: the life and work of Baron Antoine Dubois], by Jan Boostels
- Tuesday 1 December 2020, at 6pm, Un libéral entre deux Empires: François Guizot [A liberal between two Empires: François Guizot], by Laurent Theis
- Tuesday 15 December 2020, at 6pm, in partnership with the Institut Catholique de Vendée, Le recrutement des équipages de la flotte de guerre au temps de
Napoléon [The recruitment of crews for the war fleet in the time of Napoleon], by Thierry Sauzeau
Click here for a detailed programme (in French)
The talks are open to all and free of charge. Registration required before the event. Click here to learn more.
Published: 23 June 2020