Partnership > Signing of a Cooperation Agreement with French Service Historique de la Défense
On 16 December, 2019, Pierre Laugeay, Director General and Head of the Service Historique de la Défense (SHD), and Victor-André Masséna, Prince d’Essling, President of the Fondation Napoléon, signed an agreement of cooperation between the two institutions.
Building on previous cooperation agreements signed over the years, in particular that regarding the archival work for the publication of the Correspondance générale of Napoléon, the SHD and the Fondation have agreed to combine their complementary expertise in the organisation of the following projects in the period 2020-2022, namely:
– an exhibition on Napoleonic fortifications, centred notably on the Chasseloup-Laubat archival collection;
– a study day on territorial security and topographical representation as an adjunct to the above exhibition;
– international conference/retrospective on the military historiography written during the Napoleonic bicentenary period;
– co-ordinated lectures in the talks series organised by the two institutions;
– collaboration in the digitisation and publication online of archival material held at the SHD;
– collaboration in publishing projects.
The two institutions have agreed to broadcast information concerning their collaborative projects in all appropriate media.
This agreement will run from 1 September 2019 to 1 September 2022.
Online 19 December, 2019